How we adapt the curriculum and learning environment for children & young people with SEN
We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
At St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development.
It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of additional opportunities that the school organises in order to enrich the experiences of our children. Our curriculum also includes the social aspects that are essential for life-long learning.
To ensure inclusivity for all, including those with Special Educational Needs, we will:
- Change the way activities are planned and delivered.
- Match activities to the ability / need of each child (differentiation).
- Adapt learning materials such as equipment and activities to suit each child’s need.
- Offer small group or individual support.
- Integrate bespoke support and strategies, as contained in a child’s SEN Support Plan or Education, Health, and Care Plan.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.