Our School Office Staff are here to help you, however here are a few items that may be useful to parents and carers which you can view or download from our website.
Information that School requests from Parents
It is essential that ’emergency’ phone numbers are available so that a parent or other adult, identified by a parent, can be contacted when required and that the school is informed immediately of any changes to contact numbers.
The Involvement of Other Agencies
The school has close links with the Educational Welfare Officer, Schools’ Educational Psychological Services, Medical Services and other agencies.
The school will always gain parental permission before making contact with any agency it wishes to involve in promoting the emotional, educational or physical wellbeing and development of a child; notwithstanding situations where a child’s safety is believed to be at immediate risk.
Parental Help in School
Any help parents can give in school is most gratefully appreciated. Please leave your name with the school office if you can spare any time.
Our School Day
Children are asked to be in the school yard by 8.55 a.m. Staff are in school before this time. Parents are requested not to send their children to school too early in the mornings as they will not be supervised by staff until 8.50 a.m.
Due to the size of the front yard and the differing sizes of pupils in the infants and the juniors, for safety’s sake, this area is only to be used as a waiting during the periods leading up to the beginning and end of the school day. It is not to be used as a play area during these times.
- Pupils come into school 8.55 a.m. so that registration can take place at 9.00 a.m.
- Each class take a 15 minute break at 10:40 a.m. to 10:55 a.m.
- Lunch time is between 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m.
- The school day ends at 3.15 p.m. Please ensure an adult, with authorisation, to do so is ready to collect your child at this time (or whenever an after school club they have attended ends).
- If you are allowing your child to make their own way home, or if an older child is collecting them, we must have this in writing.
We will be adding a list of our forms here shortly.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.